all, I would like to apologize for the late update.
all, the important stuff!
series round: Tierp arena 13-16 June.
Congratulations to Ulf Ledström with his first ever win in a European championship
round! Hopefully we will see a lot more from Ulf later!
Runner up: Vesa Lipponen
in the STB Drag challenge: Alastaro 29-30 June.
Congratulations to Hans Olav Olstad.
Runner up: Samu Kemppainen
series round: Alastaro
On 1st June the Swedish Motorcycle and Snowmobile Federation (SVEMO) formed a national drag racing team. The aim is to support the riders in their racing and to raise their profile in their quest for sponsors.
"It's first and foremost support for the riders in their international ventures. A national team spot brings status and gives them greater opportunities in their hunt for sponsors" says Peder Eneroth, Chairman of SVEMO's dragracing section.
The selected riders are:
- Per Bengtsson,
|Weekend Frame Co have been out of the front mount fuel cells for quite a while. Now they have them back in stock. Click on the banner below to go to www.weekendframe.com
1. Christian Jäger 6.5053/348.61
2. Svein Olav Rolfstad 6.5506/347.49
3. Per Bengtsson 6.6100/327.47
4. Jan Sturla Hegre 6.6104/337.29
5. Mark Ashelford 6.6321/353.40
6. Lorenz Stäuble 6.6590/340.48
7. Jaska Salakari 6.6967/317.65
8. Hans Olav Olstad 6.7965/331.09
Per Bengtsson 6.6962/341.30 def. Mark Ashelford 6.9117/342.64
Mark got away first 0.114 to 0.114, Per had the better sixty 1.132 to 1.225, Per's rear tyre smoked for about 100 feet but he feathered the throttle and stayed ahead 4.428/284.81 at the eighth to 4.587/270.00, 0.097 in it at the stripe.
Mark Ashelford 6.6854/349.51 def. Hans Olav Olstad 20.4269/79.73
1.200 to sixty for Mark, 1.245 for Hans Olav then the motor stopped and the front end thumped down. 4.433/280.81 to the eighth for Mark and our Ausralian visitor into the final.
Per Bengtsson 23.7739/50.03 bye, Jaska Salakari no show
Something sinister behind the cloud of smoke from Jaska's motor in the last race, I guess. Per lucked out as his rear tyre went up in smoke at the hit and he idled through.
Mark Ashelford 6.6185/351.11 def. Jan Sturla Hegre 6.7223/332.51
Great race! Mark away first 0.117 to 0.126, Jan Sturla had the better sixty 1.116 to 1.174 and a slightly better 4.366 to 4.376, Mark caught and passed him in the second half and won by 0.113. Both went straight, no problems, still looks weird seeing the chute openbehind Mark's bike.
Jaska Salakari 6.6038/296.22 def. Svein Olav Rolfstad 10.5060/136.54
Svein Olav's tyre blazed at the hit. 1.092 to sixty for Jaska whilst Svein Olav
UEM Supertwin qualifying session 4 (left lane first)
- Jaska Salakari 6.6967/317.65 bye Harri Piensalmi shut off
- Matti Vähäsaari 8.3544/241.29 bye
- Ulf Nylen 7.0893/324.13, Asko Määttä 11.2941/224.72
- Samu Kemppainen no time, Trond Høiberget 8.1567/221.04
- Roman Sixta 7.5137/293.93, Vidar Ravnsborg 7.2689/280.52
- Petri Mattsson 7.2530/288.46, Job Heezen 6.9933/329.87
- Greger Johansson 10.1389/139.53, Hans Olav Olstad 6.8230/316.53
- Jan Sturla Hegre 6.6104/337.29, Per Bengtsson 6.6100/327.47
UEM Supertwin qualifying session 3 (left lane first)
- Matti Vähäsaari 11.5270/111.41, Samu Kemppainen 8.6296/307.69
- Asko Määttä no time, Harri Piensalmi 11.0807/131.07
- Trond Høiberget 7.6507/284.81, Jaska Salakari no time
- Martijn de Haas 18.1522/49.17, Ulf Nylen 9.4198/219.42
- Vidar Ravnsborg7.3459/281.98, Roman Sixta 8.1823/237.15
- Hans Olav Olstad 6.7965/331.09, Petri Mattsson 8.4601/187.96
- Job Heezen8.2367/216.17, Christian Jäger 6.5053/348.61
- Per Bengtsson 6.6848/330.48, Greger
UEM Supertwin qualifying session 2 (left lane first)
-Asko Määttä 10.1650/213.35,
-Ulf Nylén 8.9359/169.01, Vidar Ravsborg 7.6023/294.76;
-Petri Matsson 7.5094/299.50, MattiVähäsaari 10.6318/131.29;
-Svein Olav Rolfstad 7.3508/276.50, Trond Høiberget 9.0363/172.91;
-Samu Kemppainen no time bye;
-HarriPiensalmi shut off, Job Heezen 6.9392/334.78 bye;
- Lorens Stäuble 6.6590/340.48 bye;
-Roman Sixta 7.6993/294.92, Martijn de Haas8.8721/184.55;
-Greger Johansson 7.3835/272.31, Per Bengtsson
|UEM Supertwin qualifying session 1 (left lane first)
- Mark Ashelford 6.9179/332.10 bye; - GregerJohansson 7.2596/317.65 bye;
- Harri Piensalmi 19.3942/91.62 bye;
- Ulf Nylén shut off,
- Jaska Salakari 17.2689/68.28 bye;
- Martijn de Haas 8.9604/171.65, Roman Sixta 7.6398/286.17;
- Job Heezen 6.7876/334.37 DQ bye, Svein Olav Rolfstad shut off;
- Per Bengtsson 7.0085/326.88 bye;
- Lorenz Stäuble 10.5089/153.28, Christian Jäger 6.5928/349.29;
- Hans Olav Olstad 6.8010/335.83, Jan Sturla Hegre
After four runs in the Nordic Cup, Greger Johansson won this title in 2010.
He has this season got the speed up in his Bike, and at Gardermoen in august he got his first six second run.
Greger Johansson and Vidar Ravnsborg who became number two in this Cup, was the only one that ran all races in the Nordic Cup 2010.
Points table here
Lorenz Stäuble 6.6082/215.96 def. Job Heezen 6.8156/205.25
Great race! 0.1023 to 0.1044 off the start line in Lo's favour, 1.1580 to sixty feet to Job's 1.1688, Lo riding on a cushion of flame, 4.3670/178.13 to the eighth to Job's 4.4576/168.96 and first to the stripe by 0.2095. Low ET of the event for Lo and another straight run.
This weekend Rolfstad Pro Dragracing attended at the Spring Nats 2010 at Gardermoen in Norway.
They are proud to announce that Jan Sturla Hegre passed his licens run and he is now the youngest Super Twin rider in the world!
At his first run as a licensed rider he pulled a 7.832 on the 1/4 mile.